- [19 June 2019] Deadline extensions:
5 July 201912 July 2019
- Papers: 12 July 2019
- [19 June 2019] A special issue of Science of Computer Programming on FACS 2019, published by Elsevier, has been confirmed. After the conference, authors of select papers will be invited to submit an extended version for inclusion.
- [3 April 2019] Invited speakers: Wan Fokkink, Carlo Ghezzi, and Kim Larsen
Component-based software development proposes sound engineering principles and techniques to cope with the complexity of present-day software systems. However, many challenging conceptual and technological issues remain in component-based software development theory and practice. Furthermore, the advent of service-oriented and cloud computing, cyber-physical systems, and the Internet of Things has brought to the fore new dimensions, such as quality of service and robustness to withstand faults, which require revisiting established concepts and developing new ones.
FACS 2019 is concerned with how formal methods can be applied to component-based software and system development. Formal methods have provided foundations for component-based software through research on mathematical models for components, composition and adaptation, and rigorous approaches to verification, deployment, testing, and certification.
- Wan Fokkink (Professor of Theoretical Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Carlo Ghezzi (Professor of Software Engineering, Polytechnic University of Milan)
- Kim Larsen (Professor of Computer Science, Aalborg University)
- FACS 2018, Pohang, Korea, 10-12 October 2018
- FACS 2017, Braga, Portugal, 10-13 October, 2017
- FACS 2016, Besançon, France, October 19-21, 2016
- FACS 2015, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, October 14-16, 2015
- FACS 2014, Bertinoro, Italy, September 10-12, 201
- FACS 2013, Nanchang, China, October 28 – 30, 201
- FACS 2012, Mountain View, USA, September 12-14, 2012
- FACS 2011, Oslo, Norway, September 14-16, 2011
- FACS 2010, Guimarães, Portugal, October 14-16, 201
- FACS 2009, Eindhoven, the Netherlands, November 2-3, 2009
- FACS 2008, Málaga, Spain, September 10-12, 2008
- FACS 2007, Sophia-Antipolis, France, September 19-21, 2007
- FACS 2006, Prague, September 20-22, 2006
- FACS 2005, Macao, October 24-25, 2005
- FACS 2003, Pisa, Italy, September 8-9, 2003
From 2010 onward, proceedings of FACS have been published by Springer as volumes in LNCS.
Tulip Fields near The Hague
Claude Monet (1840 – 1926), 1886
oil on canvas, 66 cm x 81.5 cm
Credits: Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam (State of the Netherlands)